Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Zambia - The Pre-Trip

Hi All!

Tomorrow I wing my way to Lusaka, Zambia!








With me is coming a TON of kids underwear! Thanks to my extremely generous coworkers, these kids are going to be the proud recieptants of 346 pairs of underwear. For kids who share everything, having their own pair will be a huge treat for them! In case your curious, here are some pictures of what that looks like. I can tell you it weighs about 41 lbs.













For those of you who are praying for me while I'm on my trip, I greatly appreciate it. Here are some points for prayer at this stage:


- Traveling Mercies: Pray that my flights go well, no luggage is lost and I don't get sick (no swine flu please!).
- Team Unity: The group I'm traveling with has had limited interaction at this point and we are all arriving separately. Pray that we will establish trust and rapport quickly so that we can have maximum impact.
- Culture Shock: This is not my first third world experience but traveling to a new country always brings its own set of challenges. For me, it is almost always the food - I'm a terribly picky eater. Prayer that I'll find a dish I like and can rely on for the trip.

1 comment:

PUPPPsMom said...

Love you, Cuz! Be safe! We'll be praying for you.